It is time to put self-care on your to-do list! We all know that curly hair care can be very time-consuming. Planning ahead our hair care routines is essential to all of us. However, many times we only stick with the daily routines and forgot the intensive care, as it seems like there is never a good moment for that. But there is no better time to give your curls some love and care than now. Stay home, stay safe and stay curly!
The Wild Curl avocado-mayo hair mask DYI recipe is ideal to give extra moisture and nourishment for dry, brittle and damaged curls. And it goes without saying, this recipe is fully natural 🍀.
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbsp full-fat mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 drops of The Wild Curl Curly Hair Oil (includes avocado and coconut oil)
- 2 tbsp of The Wild Curl Wavy Conditioner
- Avocados are high in vitamins B and E, nourishing and locking moisture into the hair cells, strengthening hair roots and strands.
- Mayonnaise contains fatty acids and vitamins that can boost shine and act to seal in moisture.
- The egg yolk, rich in fats and proteins, is a natural moisturizer
- The Wild Curl Curly Hair Oil contains oils, like coconut oil and avocado oil, that are known for their great moisturizing properties.
- The Wild Curl Wavy Conditioner contains nourishing ingredients that improve moisture retention and curl elasticity.
How to do an Avocado-Mayo hair treatment
- Mix all ingredient together in a bowl or a mixer (use only the yolk from the egg)
- Apply the hair mask mix to damp hair. Focus on the ends as they are the driest part of your hair, and avoid your scalp especially if you have fine or thin hair. (this mask is very potent!)
- Let the mask sit for 15-30 min. Cover your hair with a shower cap (a plastic bag works just as well) or a heated thermal cap. Applied heat helps to increase the absorption rate of the treatment into your hair.
- Cleanse with The Wild Curl Shampoo to remove the mayonnaise from your hair. Cleanse until all treatment is rinsed off from your hair.
It may seem like a lot to put avocado and mayonnaise into your hair but when combined well with all the good ingredients containing vitamins and fatty acids, the good kind of fats, it will truly give your hair that long-needed nourishment. The next day hair is so soft! Definitely worth the trouble 👌