The benefits of a hot oil treatment
Hot oil treatment is a perfect treat when your hair is starting to break or is feeling very dry. It is also a perfect dry scalp treatment. Applying hot oil to your hair makes the treatment more efficient. Heat opens the cuticle of the hair and allows the oil to penetrate the hair shaft. This is a good treatment for all hair types, but ideal especially if you have low porosity hair. Low porosity means that the cuticles on your hair strand are very compact and it is hard for the hair to absorb moisture. Therefore, the best way to treat the hair is to open up the cuticles before applying moisture into your hair and a hot oil treatment will do the trick.
- Warm the oil in a self-made water bath (Baine Marie). If you use a microwave be careful as oils don't contain water so it might be dangerous. However, if you want to take this more convenient path, place a glass of water next to the oil to avoid overheating. Use low heat and only 10 seconds at a time.
- Separate your hair into 3-6 sections to make the oil distribution easier.
- Before applying the oil, make sure it is not too hot by testing a drop in your wrist.
- Massage the oil into your scalp and coat well all your ends.
- Finally, cover your hair with a shower cap and let the oil treatment sit on your hair for at least 30 minutes. For maximum benefits, let it sit on your hair through the night and wash it off the next morning.
Which oil to use?
Try the ideal Hot Oil Treatment Kit for every hair type, the Curly Hair Oil Kit. The Moisturizing Curly Hair Oil contains penetrating oils such as coconut and avocado oil that will give you an ultra moisture boost. To promote your hair growth and prevent hair loss, use our Charm Hair Growth Booster, and to give your scalp an intensive treatment to get rid of dry itchy scalp, use our Fortune Scalp Oil Treatment. As an intensive treatment, this kit is suitable for all curl types and will cover even the thirstiest curls.